Ever since Stakes Day at the races when someone’s grandmother had made a zucchini fritatta, I’ve been dying to make my own. Running low on pre-prepared meals for work in the freezer and strapped for cash, I decided now would be the perfect time to make one. It’s a good one to have on hand as it will hold up in the fridge for a few days.
Ricotta and Zucchini Fritatta
1 brown onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 large zucchini, grated
500g fresh ricotta
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and add onion. Cook for 5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl with zucchini.
- Crumble in ricotta, and mix well.
- Add eggs, giving a good stir to break all the yolks. Season well.
- Transfer mix to a lined 26cm cake tin. Place in a hot oven and bake for 50-60 minutes until firm. Serve hot or cold with a garden salad.
*(I had about 2 cups of eggs whites on hand so I added these, but aren’t essential)